What Makes Us Look Older?
Coral Springs Med Spa in Coral Springs, FL offers many treatments to help you look younger. Contact us to book a consultation to see what treatment would be best for you.
Table of Contents:
There are certain physical characteristics that will show our age. These are features that we cannot hide, they are the first features that most people see at first glance.
The first thing that people will see is your skin. If you have enlarged pores, sun damage, or dark spots you will look older as these are signs of aging. If you have put your skin through a lot in the past, it will show as you age.
Your eyes can easily show your age. It isn’t just the crow’s feet that can form that will make you look older. Skin that droops around the eyelids will show your age. Dark circles can be prevalent and this will make you look tired and worn out.
Your cheeks can show your age as the tissue starts to sag and the fat underneath loses its structure. This causes lines and wrinkles around your mouth and other parts of your face.
Your neck can show signs of aging. Gravity is the culprit here, pulling tissue and skin downward giving the appearance of neck bands. It can also make the jowls look a little bigger because of the looseness of the skin. Fat tends to migrate down making it look even worse.
The nose and lips will further add to the aging process. Your nose will continue to grow out and down as you age. Your lips will tend to thin out over time.
The key features that make a person look younger are the features of the face. Increased facial contrast is an important factor. Women with greater contrast will appear more healthy, youthful, and more feminine. High prominent cheeks are another factor. A full face with clear and smooth skin, and smaller pores will make you look younger. Nice full lips are seen as younger and a grim neckline will add to the youthful appearance.
Aging is inevitable. But you can slow the look of aging. There are some things that you can do to slow the process.
1. Limit your exposure to the sun. Sun damage plays a huge factor in aging and can be responsible for up to 90% of your skin’s signs of aging. Sun damage will break down the skin’s elasticity, cause age spots and encourage the development of lines and wrinkles. Limit your sun exposure and wear a good sunscreen.
2. Drink plenty of water because dehydration is bad for the skin.
3. Get good sleep. Sleep helps the body and skin to stay healthy.
4. Water will help you stay hydrated. You can also help your skin stay hydrated by using good moisturizers. These not only fight off irritants but also protect your skin keeping it soft and supple.
5. Eat a diet that has plenty of fruits and vegetables. These provide nutrients that help keep your body young.
6. Stay active and be regular about exercise. This can slow aging considerably.
7. Have a good skincare routine. Use a good cleanser, exfoliant, and other proper treatments that treat your skin well.
8. Limit alcohol and caffeine because they rob your body of nutrients and dehydrate you.
There is a wide range of treatments that you can do to look younger.
1. Dermal fillers can plump the cheeks and give you fuller lips giving a younger look.
2. Microneedling will help rejuvenate your skin giving a glow and more elasticity.
3. Laser resurfacing will remove old skin and improve texture. This treatment is good for clearing your complexion, especially that caused by sun damage.
4. Botox may be the most popular treatment for reducing the look of lines and wrinkles. It can also be used as a preventive aging treatment. There are other products like Xeomin and Dysport that work similarly to Botox.
5. Radiofrequency skin tightening is gaining in popularity because it is gentle and has no downtime. The treatment encourages new collagen growth that will make your skin look younger and brighter.
We serve clients from Coral Springs FL, Coconut Creek FL, Margate FL, Tamarac FL, and Parkland FL.
Additional Med Spa Services